Saturday, January 31, 2015

My Favorite Things: Winter Edition

Here are some things that help make winter oh-so-delightful! (After the depressing end of the holidays).

Fingerless gloves - My favorite pair was knit for me by a friend in China 12 years ago. I really can't believe I've held on to a pair for that long. They were perfect for teaching in classrooms without heat, and they're perfect for windshield scraping and chilly steering wheels.



Aquaphor - This stuff has CHANGED MY LIFE! I've had dry lips since moving to GA despite good hydration and copious amounts of Burt's Bees. I asked my dermatologist what she recommended and she gave me a sample of this stuff. Amazing! I haven't had the slightest chapping since then and I only have to apply it a few times a day. Her bottom line was avoid anything wax based and avoid lip gloss (which apparently is awful for your lips).



Rabbit hair socks - These are another item that made the cut when packing to come back from China. My pairs are still all from there, but you can find them on Amazon and I'm sure other places, too. Toasty and soft and will make your feet so happy.

Ugg wool-lined slippers - And if you want your feet to be deliriously happy? So warm and toasty that you don't even particularly care how the rest of your body feels? These slippers are worth the splurge. They were a Christmas gift to me and I wear them as much as I possibly can. I can't tell you the number of times I'll stop and look at my feet and the door and my feet again and then sigh because I just really can't wear my slippers to work or church or Kroger or wherever. This link is to the style that I have. I normally wear a 6.5 but mine are a 7 and with the wool and my rabbit hair socks it can be a snug fit.

Creamer in hot cocoa - Did you guys know this was a thing? I had no clue! And then I heard a coworker talking about it and read it in a book in the same week, and thought that was definitely a sign I should try this. So far I've just done a basic creamer, but it's been deliciously yummy. Since I don't drink coffee, I'm a novice in the world of creamers, so let me know if you have a recommendation on a flavor I should try.

What helps you make it through winter?

No comments:

Post a Comment