Tuesday, April 10, 2012

cool things

So after this one sentence we're going to ignore the fact that I haven't blogged in, oh, roughly forever and just get back on with it.  No excuses, just lazy. :)

However, here are a couple of fun things (which are apparently all from amazon.com).

1. PB2 - this is a totally awesome new kind of peanut butter that I'm now in love with.  It has 85% less fat and calories than regular peanut butter. The ingredients are peanuts, sugar and salt.  They somehow suck out all the bad stuff and leave a powdered version of the goodish stuff that you mix with water and then have peanut butter.  I will say that it was an acquired taste.  It definitely doesn't taste just like peanut butter. But indulging in an apple with peanut butter every day isn't so indulgent anymore.  Of course, with almost no fat it's not so spready anymore, but quite yummy for what it is.  I'm a convert!  Check it out here -

2. I just ordered a new Bible - a Mosaic Bible about which I am totally excited.  A missionary at work mentioned it and I can't wait for it to arrive from Amazon.  It has the Bible divided into weekly meditations that follow the church calendar.  In addition, it has poems, hymns, and even artwork.  Very much looking forward to exploring this (and I'm sure God is very much looking forward to me having something that might lend itself toward inspiring regular Bible study).  I'll report back!

3. I'm reading The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society on my Kindle right now (sidenote - Kindle has changed my life - 16 hour flight to Hong Kong, whatevs, my Kindle made the time pass so quickly!).  Anyway, I'm about a 1/3 of the way through this book and very much enjoying it.  As of right now, this fiction lover's favorite quote of the book is -
"At first, I did not want to go to any book meetings.  My farm is a lot of work, and I did not want to spend my time reading about people who never was, doing things they never did."
Ha! I've never heard fiction described quite that way before.  I really am enjoying the book and loving the main character who is a terribly clever and accomplished British writer in her 30s (all the things I aspire to be).  Do check it out if you're looking for a good read.  Although, I haven't finished it yet, so if turns out sad, I'll rescind that recommendation.  So far, the book has made me laugh out loud several times while sitting in various waiting rooms so surely that's a good sign.

And that's today's post, apparently brought to you by Amazon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment