Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Gratitude #31-50

I'm apparently horrible at being grateful.  Yikes!!  This is such a good practice to cultivate and posts like these are so helpful to encourage me to consciously think about all the blessings in my life.  And reading friends' blogs (you know, the people who do this more than once a quarter) is also always such an encouragement.  There are so many times when I read their words and go "oh yes, I love that, too!"  Of course, not the ones about how awesome their husband is, but you know, the ones about sunshine and Jesus and stuff.  So here we go -

31. Excellent preaching from Dr. Kooistra today at staff meeting

32. That I have this awesome job where I get to talk to pastors every week and that while part of my job is to encourage them, they always end up encouraging me, too.  I mean, seriously, who gets to talk to pastors (or almost pastors, or really awesome missionaries) for hours every week?!?

33.  People that pray for me - what an encouragement.

34. Crispy M&M's (only found in Asia - that I know of)

35. My trip to Hong Kong

36. Hanging with awesome missionaries in HK

37. Making new friends in HK (HK staff will forever be united by those fuzzy, fuzzy towels)

38.  That I'm back from HK and in my own bed and not sharing a hall bath with 40 strangers in a foreign country.

39. My Kindle

40.  The $10/month gym membership

41. The machines at the gym that have jacks for earphones so I don't have to have a radio to watch TV

42.  That I get to watch Friends and the news while at the gym

43.  Crispy M&Ms.  They're just that good.

44.  The hand wash I got for my car - it's so beautiful now!!

45. That our community garden at work is almost reading for planting

46.  The Mosaic Bible.  It's been so long since I've been eager to read the Word - obligated, begrudging, desperate?  Yeah.  Excited and eager and carryingit upstairs and down with me so that I can read more?  A long, long time.  (go to Amazon and check it out - best $20 I've spent in a long time)

47.  My neighborhood, where I run into fun neighbors in the parking lot after work while we walk dogs, take out trash, and look for a good cell phone signal.

48. Same neighbors that are crazy generous and give me extra cat food and let me borrow their vacuum cleaner.

49.  This time of quiet and peace in my house with no roommate.  What a sweet gift it's been.

50.  That God is teaching me trust and patience and contentment while I pray and pray (and recruit all kinds of other people to pray) for the provision of the right new roommate.

No comments:

Post a Comment